unBlocked: The Walls Come Tumbling Down (Paperback)
All sales of this book are final--it is print on demand and may take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
Athletes-Are you wanting to see your self confidence return?
In unBlocked, you will learn how to stop overthinking and eliminate anxiety and worry by slowing your mind using stress management techniques to use both in and out of the gym. This is not just a motivational book for athletes, but also a how to guide in using psychology for everyday life.
Parents-Is your ultimate goal to raise a happy, kind, and resilient child?
Parenting children is difficult enough without the added stress from mental blocks. When a child is caught in the downward spiral of fear, many parents struggle with anger. #1 Best selling author, Jeff Benson, uses a non-judgmental approach that focuses on parenting from the inside out and reinforcing a growth mindset, that will help your child reach their goals.
Coaches-Are you looking for your athletes to stop overthinking and become fearless?
Perfect is a standard used in many gymnastics and cheerleading gyms around the world. The author explains how this unrealistic expectation can impact an athlete's confidence. Jeff will show you how to balance high standards and mental toughness to help your athletes overcome their fear by using proven sport psychology concepts and application.
TEN THINGS YOU'LL LEARN FROM THIS BOOK:
- How to correctly identify a mental block
- The difference between a fixed, growth and mixed mindset
- What self-talk is and which type you'll need to break through your mental block
- Teach you how self-awareness is the key to beginning to break through a mental block
- Identify whether someone is product or process focused and how that influences performance
- Proper goal setting using the MARS formula
- Learning to shift your mindset into dealing with the mental block with a holistic approach: Mind, Body, and Cheer Skills
- A detailed, 10-step strategy for getting over a mental block outside the gym
- A complimentary 6-step strategy, for getting over a mental block inside the gym
- Perhaps most importantly, a 3-pronged approach to preventing the relapse of your mental block
unBlocked is not your average teen self-help book.
Jeff explains how to use the struggles of a mental block to build, character, a champion mindset and consistent confidence.
Beyond fear and hopelessness lies an athlete's full potential.
About the Author
Jeff Benson is the founder of Mind Body Cheer a sports performance company for competitive cheerleaders. Jeff began his journey into cheerleading after a successful competitive gymnastics career. For almost 20 years now, he has worked to motivate, encourage, and train young people to believe in themselves and their abilities. Jeff has a bachelors degree in physical education-teaching and a master's in counseling psychology. It is his goal to use sports as a way to garner confidence, self-efficacy, and character.