Wildsam Field Guides: Napa & Sonoma (Paperback)
Wildsam Field Guides: Napa & Sonoma leads travelers into the heart of California's wine country with guidance from trusted locals and wine experts. Napa and Sonoma have long held out a tantalizing promise of the good life on a sublime landscape. This book celebrates and explores that tradition through wine, food and art, and it also reveals grittier and even more fascinating truths.
Take an unconventional trip into wine country with:
- Interviews with winery founders Kashy Khaledi, Tony Coturri and Andrew Mariani
- Heroic firefighters and obsessed vintners
- An exploration of connections between Northern California cuisine and Mexican heritage, by the founder Rancho Gordo
- Russian River poets, bottles of note, and other well-aged finds
- Artist Arleene Correa Valencia and activist farmer Leslie Wiser tease out hidden stories behind the landscape's legendary bounty
- The pop culture evolution of wine from Dean Martin songs to Falcon Crest to Sideways
- Original essays by renowned wine columnist Dorothy Gaiter, Sonoma tribal leader Greg Sarris, aficionado Frank Schoonmaker, and author Anne Goldman
- Dive deeper with carefully chosen itineraries and picks, opening the world of wine for both curious explorers and seasoned tasters.