- Due to recent information from Public Health Dane Cty/Madison suggesting that if you spend significant time downtown you have been exposed to Covid-19, we are suspending vestibule pickup for the time being. New orders placed from 11am on 9/10/2020 on will not have the vestibule pickup option available--shipping and student shipping will be the only options for shipping at checkout. If you had placed an order before that time and chosen vestibule pickup, you can still stop in and pick your book up from the vestibule between noon and 6pm daily, but we encourage you to email us and ask for the order to be shipped to you.
- We are not open to the public for browsing. We are taking online orders for shipping or vestibule pickup for the foreseeable future. We believe the science behind the coronavirus means the safest option for our staff (some of us have high-risk members in our households) and our customers is to stay closed for the time being, especially as cases are rising in Madison. To get the latest updates on our reopening plan follow us on Instagram & Facebook & subscribe to our newsletter.
- We are not currently accepting used book sales or donations or textbook buybacks. Both of these services are on hold until we reopen to the public.
- Fall 2020 Instructors: Please see our Fall 2020 Call for Course Orders for information on our reduced course ordering options, and to place a course order.
- Fall 2020 Students: Please see our Fall 2020 Student Textbook/Course Material Information Page before ordering textbooks!
- We have curated new booklists for you to peruse, booklovers! You can now browse the Booker 2020 Longlist, Books Roxane Gay Has Given 5 Star Reviews, Mushrooms!!!, Rad Science Fiction, Racial Capitalism, Black Feminisms, Black Studies, Police & Prison Abolition
- Vestibule pickup is between 12pm and 6pm daily. Orders are shelved in alphabetical order by customer's *first* name. We will notify you via e-mail when your order is ready for pickup -- please do not come to collect your order before we email you and say that it is ready.
- We have exciting online events in the works! To find out about 'em subscribe to our events newsletter here.
- If you are requesting recommendations or stock check on a title: Have you checked our website to see if it is available to order? If not, please do so here. Please note--the website searches a database that shows availability based on whether our warehouse has it in stock--we may not have the books on hand. If it is an antiracist book, please see the antiracism learning list we made for options to order backordered titles. We currently have copies of most of the major titles in stock, and you will be able to order them with the all-caps backorder products on the list. If you are looking for other recommendations, please check our staff picks and themed rec lists. If you are asking about availability and none of the above steps answer your question, please send your email with the words STOCK CHECK in the subject line.
- If you are inquiring about a large order (50+ books) or for an institution or UW instructor PO: Please send your email with the words INSTITUTIONAL ORDER in the subject line.
- The Window Shop will be reopening the second week of August! You can browse our window displays, which will be stocked with bestsellers and new releases, and call us at 608-257-7888 to place an order for immediate pickup. This is an option if you're out and about and would like a new book in your hands RIGHT NOW! <3
- We will be doing *VERY LIMITED* textbook sales this year. Students, check back regularly for updates!
- We are not currently hiring. If you would like to be considered for employment in the future you can e-mail us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org -- we reference on-hand resumes before posting a public ad. Bookstore and/or library experience preferred.
We love and miss you dearly.